A CONSERVATIVE CHOICE FOR THE MINORITY'S VOICE

Post Election Rant . . .

A couple of days ago, God gave the people what they wanted.  This heated election season is over.  We have our president.  The people passed over Mitt Romney, the Republican candidate, and overwhelming lent their support for Obama and the Democrat agenda.

I can understand the peoples support for the Democrat Party.  Much of what they say they stand for sounds moral and compassionate, especially concerning the poor and minority populations.  Yet, my convictions and research eventually led me to reject the Democrat ideology, preferring to side with people and political parties more aligned with the morals and values consistent with my Christian faith.

I used to be a Democrat, but I am no longer.  I am a registered Republican.  Not because I thought the Republican Party was so righteous, but because there came a time in my life as a Democrat, that I could no longer reconcile my politics and my faith.

Since my faith supersedes everything else for me, I find that it is pure madness for me to vote for politicians who uphold policies that are in a direct conflict with my faith.  It is foolishness for me to vote against my own values and interests.  Christianity is more than a title for me, it is who I am and determines how I live and how I view the world.

Since I am not only a Christian, but a citizen of this nation, I have the right to share and debate my values and ideas, as does everyone else.  I am so proud that I can, with my vote, influence this nation in upholding godly principles and values.  I will continue to vote with the party and/or persons that supports what I interpret to be godly and biblical values—the Judeo Christian values that were engrafted into our constitution and laws—the values that made this nation the greatest nation on earth and have afforded people of EVERY faith, and people who claim to have NO faith, to live free and prosperous lives here.

Great nations have fallen because of grievous sins and ungodliness and America is not exempt.  In Scripture, when Israel was prosperous, it was not because of her own economic ingenious.  Israel was blessed when she obeyed God—when she as a nation loved what God loved, and hated what God hated.

The primary reasons why I reject the Democrat platform is because it has within it the most immoral and ungodly principles to guide this nation.  Our preference for this course for our nation is a sure sign that we as a nation have not rejected the Republican Party, per se, but we have rejected God.  Just like in the days of Samuel, when the Israelites demanded that Samuel “appoint them a king,” God told Samuel, “Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me.”

Rejecting God will be, as our enemies would say, death to America.  It is our flat out refusal to love what God loves and detest what He detests that will drive this nation over a moral and economic cliff.

Even though I adamantly reject the Democrats historic racist position concerning black Americans, racism is but one sin.  As a Christian, I cannot reconcile my faith with the Democrat’s support of socialism, re-defining marriage, and abortion.

President Obama “impressively” won 93% of the black vote!  I am black, but I am among the 7% who did not lend Obama my support.  What may be perplexing to some is that blacks are overwhelmingly conservative in their moral values and convictions, so their support of the Democrat Party seems inconsistent.  Yet, for these black Christians, they believe that the Republican Party perpetuates the “unforgivable” sins of racism and oppression of the poor.  Jesus, they say, admonishes us to care for the “least of these” in society.  Never mind what history confirms about the Democrats, these Christians believe that it is the Republicans that are perpetuating hatred and discrimination against so many that have less pigment and/or estrogen than they do.  I understand the argument.  I lived the argument.  I believed the accusations that are waged against Republicans; accusations that Republicans have done so poorly to defend themselves against.

To the “black liberation theology” prodigies, it is the “black man” that must receive it’s just dues from its evil white oppressors that have kept blacks trapped in failing schools, in crime ridden neighborhoods, and without job skills and an education that would make them employable.  These evil white oppressors may once have been Southern Democrats and the Ku Klux Klan, but now they are Republicans.

This is what many blacks believe about Republicans.  And though you show them proof of otherwise, they will find you tons of revisionist historical literature to defend their past oppressors, the Democrats.

I have been told by a few of my black Christian friends concerning this election that God has upheld the “black man” in righteousness and protected him from the “haters.”  I want people to really get this and understand. Obama is not president because he is righteous. There is NOTHING righteous about Obama’s support for child killing, sodomy, covetousness, and idolatry.  His black skin does not make him right for black people.  Obama does not share the values of most blacks and his policies hurt the people he claims he wants to help.

BUT, what God has said in his Word is coming to pass. Christians are aligning themselves with lawlessness and ungodliness.  And because Obama is black, many blacks and others choose not to acknowledge how far into abomination that Obama has taken them.  They choose to overlook and ignore what God says in his Word concerning the moral and economic issues we face as a nation, choosing instead to side with Obama’s words over God’s Word:

“Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”

God has PROMISED to judge in righteousness and has often used ungodly rulers to execute his judgment. Surely America will be judged for her grievous sins that go up daily as a stench in the nostrils of a holy God. I just pray that God has mercy upon this nation and upon us all.

I have also been told to “get over it” and not be a sore loser.  I am told to pray for our president because that is what we as Christians are suppose to do, because everything is in God’s hand anyways.  True, God is in control.  Obama is president by God’s permissive will.

But I am not so convinced that if Mitt Romney had won the presidency, black Christians would be praying for him as they tell me to do for Obama.  Instead I believe that we would continue to hear from the leftist liberals the same old tirade of rants about racism that we have been hearing for the past few months; and hearing blacks call Mitt Romney out for being the “racist that he is” and fearing that he will bring back Jim Crow.

In fact, I don’t remember the black Christian community praying for Bush or any other president the way they do for Obama.  In fact, I remember some pretty fancy and ungodly words and terms used to describe President George W. Bush.  I won’t repeat them here.

Regardless of this, I WILL pray for our president.  I will pray that he repents and turns to God, and leads this nation in the path of righteousness.  I pray that he surrounds himself with godly counsel and does not shun and mock the Word of God.

I pray for his success.

BUT, his success should not be measured in how many people he can put on foodstamps, but how many people his policies free from foodstamps.  His success should not be measured in how many poverty programs he enacts, but in how many poverty programs he needs to eliminate because Americans are working and successful.  His success should be measured not by how many women he gives access and money to have abortions, but how many abortion clinics need to be shut down because their services are no longer needed.  His success should be measured not in how much wealth he can redistribute, but how much wealth he can help individuals and businesses generate; thereby keeping America the most prosperous and generous nation on earth.   I want Obama to have success because his success is America’s success.

And for the record, I don’t hate Democrats, but I do hate the policies and ideas they have aligned themselves with.  I really have a problem with the way the Democrats “pimp” the poor.  Yeah, I said it!  They are poverty pimps and they use the poor as pawns.  They stir up envy and hatred among the poor and pit them against the rich, causing the poor to covet and vote for politicians who will steal from the wealthy and give it to them.  They vote for politicians that will “punish” big business, but in the end, it is these job creators that have to lay-off workers, raise prices, send jobs overseas, or shut their doors–ultimately hurting the poor and increasing the poverty base.

I won’t go on much more, but “redistribution of wealth” and “paying your fair share,” are rooted in covetousness and there is no biblical foundation to justify our government stealing from one family to give to another.  Unless under your immediate or parental care, no one should be forced to pay for another’s health insurance, home, car, education, food, clothing or anything else.  Redistribution of wealth eventually leads to redistribution of poverty because ultimately everyone will be equal, but they will be equally poor.

Some of the current issues in the forefront of the divisions between Democrats and Republicans are non-negotiable for me.  Though they are far from perfect and in need of some soul searching themselves, I admire the historic position and legacy of the Republican Party for championing the rights of women, blacks, and the poor.  This is part of the reason they still have my support.  We as a party have some work to do.  But the reason I choose not to vote Democrat has little to do with the fact that they are the party of Jim Crow and the KKK, but that today they are on the wrong side of the EVERY ISSUE that matters to me most.  “Choice,” “Reproductive Rights,” “Marriage Equality,” “Fair Share,” are all repackaged code names for the same age old sins: “child-killing,” “sodomy,” and “covetousness.”  Nothing new under the sun.

Providence Crowder

704 responses

1. Pingback: Post Election Rant (By Providence Crowder at The Minority Republican) « Ron "Big Black" Garrett

2. Pingback: Check out | HeadHeartHand Blog

3. Oh, so VERY well said. I am so impressed with your thinking and am proud of you for taking a stand against wrong and for righteousness in this election. I feel there are more and more of us who are keeping silent while things are being praised which should not be… such as sodomy. I am so glad there are women such as yourself who are brave enough to be in that 7%! Truly a minority… of courage. Love to you

November 21, 2012 at 11:10 am

4. sandit2

Awesome post! She has said a lot of what I believe, too!

November 21, 2012 at 1:44 pm

5. Pingback: November 21, 2012 | Another Slow News Day

6. Amen. God Bless you richly. What a strong child of God you are and great for speaking the truth.

November 22, 2012 at 12:45 am

7. all i can say is amen and thankyou very well said

November 23, 2012 at 6:46 pm

8. Steve Roscoe

AMEN!! What a breathe of fresh air.I did not read anything in this article that i disagree with.Thank you Providence Crowder
    for this..

November 24, 2012 at 7:14 am

9. Precious speaker of Truth, God has blessed you with wisdom and insight together with a boldness to speak His Word. I would offer to you my life’s verses from Hebrews 12:1-6. In the days to come we will all need to encourage each other because it’s going to get ugly here before Christ returns. We must remember to pray for all Christian brothers and sisters who supported this ungodly administration and remember they are deceived. Pray for them. Pray that God would give them eyes to see and ears to hear and understand His Word. I pray that God would uncover the shroud of lies and evil that those in places of leadership in this land are hiding within and that our Lord God Almighty would shine light into those dark places; so that all would know that He is the Lord God.

November 24, 2012 at 12:34 pm

10. Thank you, Providence Crowder.This is moral courage. Look at this quote…kind of paradoxical, isn’t it? “Leadership cannot just go along to get along. Leadership must meet the moral challenge of the day.”
    Jesse Jackson quotes (American Civil-Rights Leader, Baptist Minister and Politician, b.1941)

November 24, 2012 at 9:46 pm

11. Josephine DeJesus

I love it Providence Crowder, truth be told that if a White Man or Woman had written and shared this, there would be Pandemonium and it would be labeled Racist and Hate Speech. But, it isn’t and you have verbalized what many Americans believe to be true. God Bless you and keep up the good work. Christian and Patriot, Josie D.

November 26, 2012 at 1:01 pm

12. Keven

I neither Republican or Democrat, both parties lie to some extent , which according to the bible is a sin. I sure we all know that no sin is greater than another sin, in God’s eyes. But hey, we are all human and were born into sin. I sin everyday , I pass judgement on people based on their beliefs, like WE ALL DO and if you say you don’t then you are lying.

November 28, 2012 at 6:27 am

13. Flo Staggs

I am offended that many would have a government for these United States that supports only what they deem Godly. Who are you to say.? God gives us choices. We are in his will if we choose to be. We please Him when we earnestly try to live Christlike lives. A little humility would go a long way with those who believe they have the market cornered on truth and the mandate from God to enforce it on everyone. Flo Staggsl

November 28, 2012 at 5:33 pm

14. Wow! Well said indeed! The great delusion has blinded people’s eyes to the truth. Thank you for sharing this.

December 1, 2012 at 4:05 pm

15. Terye

Thank you so much for saying what I believe with literacy and simplicity. You made it very clear what I have been thinking for many years. Thank you.

December 1, 2012 at 7:31 pm

16. Joyce Jackson

You are a brave woman! All law legislates belief. Murder, robbery, intentional injury, slander and so on are either wrong simply because someone decided they are wrong (in which case it is arbitrary and can just as easily be counted as right) or because their is some ultimate truth source that defines certain acts as wrong. Politics aside, you give me hope that America may yet have a “good” future. I’ll be watching in case I have the opportunity to vote for you some day!

December 1, 2012 at 7:53 pm

17. *Votes how invisible sky man wants me to*

December 3, 2012 at 11:21 pm

18. I am amazed. When we feel like there is no truth left out there, God raises up a voice of reason. Truth is truth and no matter how many people try to call it “opinion”, it is still truth. Truth will stand in the end. Thank you Providence Crowder for showing strength , at a time in our Nation , when others will call it blindness and compromise. Continue to sound the trumpet of truth and stand for Godly values. You will and have already made a difference.

December 11, 2012 at 1:22 pm

• well girl you no what for me it didn’t mater if president was black or white. but Obama was wrong one. And all you said was perfect

December 12, 2012 at 12:00 am

19. you see for me i read lot bout this man . he lied so much to get where he is… why couldt it of been a real black american … why him who does not even really come from here. he lies cheats . look at his wife shes a lier to. can you not see that

December 12, 2012 at 1:30 am

20. Any way whom am i right…..

December 12, 2012 at 1:32 am

21. Exactley and AMEN.. I have been talking about some of these exact same things especially ALL of the biblical points!!! We must be a light unto the world and let God shine and work through us…Thank you for being a light…AMEN AMEN and AMEN and to God be all the Glory!!!

February 2, 2013 at 12:16 pm

22. Frank

Amen to you Providence Crowder. You took the words right out of my mouth. It just blows my mind when you hear people profess to be Christians and when you see their actions you can’t help to think…which Bible do you read from. But the Bible does say you will know them by their fruit no matter what they say. Many so called Christians don’t even read the old testament, and unless one understands the old testament, you can’t understand the new. You have to have a foundation. But I keep hearing we’re under Grace and not the law anymore so now I guess that means they have a license to sin and God will be OK with that. Not the God I know. I’m writing this much later then when you originally made this post and I can honestly say, we now can marry the same sex in marriage according to the supreme court. Thank you Mr. Obama and for the deceived voters who don’t read their Bibles and if they do…I’m really confused. I too hear many folks say God has finally blessed us with Mr. Obama. From reading the Bible I look at this as a judgment God is sending us. The part that really gets me is that in the Bible, God always judged a nation by their leader so hold on tight because this doesn’t look good.

July 13, 2013 at 1:37 am

23. I remember reading you post and enjoyed it then and now.

August 4, 2013 at 12:08 pm

• Scott Hedrick

“A couple of days ago, God gave the people what they wanted.” Those words were also spoken in Germany in 1933, right after a new chancellor was elected. It’s also what happened when Pontius Pilate let the people decide, and they chose Barrabas, the murderer. Sometimes God gives us what we want as a punishment.

September 23, 2013 at 1:53 pm